Saturday, May 6, 2023

FH Flashback: Robert Urich in Endangered Species


I've featured actor Robert Urich in my Blast from the Past posts before, but there are certain actors that require revisiting from time to time.  I was a little too young to remember Urich in during his time on Vegas in the 70's and 80's but I certainly remember his images in TV and celebrity magazines when I was growing up.


I did manage to catch the actor in guest spots on television shows in the 1990's and thanks to YouTube, have caught some of his earlier appearances including his speedo sporting days on The Battle of the Network Stars.  I'm not sure there's any actor that defines the term 'hunk' quite as snuggly as Urich.  Beautiful and beefy, a handsome face and dazzling smile, sadly taken from the world just over 21 years ago at the age of 55. 


I don't know for sure, but from some of the images and scenes that I've seen, and from a few brief interviews, it appears Urich embraced his role as a television 'hunk.'  Not sure any actor sets out for that title, but it served the actor well, keeping him employed, busy and immensely popular during his time in the lime-light. 

Although Urich had countless shirtless scenes, his only nudity occurred in the 1982 thriller Endangered Species.   I'd have loved to have seen a full on butt shot, which I'm sure was filmed, but left on the cutting room floor.  Still, I'm grateful for the little side view of the actors great body and beefy butt from the film.

Endangered Species

'A retired New York cop on Vacation in America's West, is drawn into a female sheriff's investigation of a mysterious series of cattle killings.'

No comments: