Sunday, October 15, 2023

Horror Hunks: Nico Greetham in Drive


'A club girl's life is turned upside down when the nightlife begins following her home.'


Given the site's focus is on the male form, it shouldn't be shocking that most of my posts are motivated by an image.  Even my spotlights on television shows and movies, often start with an image.  I loved the first few seasons of Ryan Murphy's American Horror Story.  I think it was the totally gratuitous and unnecessary massacre at the end of forth season's Freak Show that ended my passion for the program.


I watched sporadically after that, but really haven't invested in the show in years.  I also never started the spin-off series, American Horror Stories.  The single episode series began in 2021, and although I was intrigued by some of the plots, never got around to watching.  I did however, take notice of the many behind the scene shots of Nico Greetham that made the rounds last year after he appeared in the 2022 episode Drive.


I first noticed Nico and featured Nico on the site, (HERE:)  a few years ago, mostly because of the many hot shots he posted on his Instagram.  Although initially known for his images and social media posts, Nico is an actor who got his first role as a member of Vocal Adrenaline on a 2015 episode of Glee.   Since then he's continued to work on television including two appearances on American Horror Stories, and in season 10, (Double Feature) of the original American Horror Story.


Drive:
Behind the Scenes


After seeing all those shots of Nico in his tighty whities from Drive, I thought it was time to finally check out the episode.   I was surprised how much I enjoyed it.  It was a well crafted episode with a nice twist that came as surprise to me. Although the ending was a little disappointing, given how well crafted the rest of the episode was, it didn't impact my enjoyment.


With just single episodes to tell the story, much like the old Twilight Zone, the magic is the build up, and the climax of the twist.  The endings were often climatic, in part, because you wanted to see more.  That's how I felt about Drive.  Given how weak some of the stories are for the main AMS franchise, this one off episode would have made a great story to tell over a series of episodes. 


Nico did well with his role, having us believe one thing about his character upon his introduction, than feeling something very different after the reveal.   Although the show also graciously gave us a brief butt shot, it was those white tighty whitie behind the scenes shots that inspired me to tune in. 

No comments: