Wednesday, November 22, 2023

HappY DollYDaYs!


'You mean to tell me you don't think the cows don't appreciate the time off when a bull goes over to another pasture?!'


Despite her attempts to trademark the 'Queen of Christmas' for many of us, Dolly Parton won that title a few decades earlier.  I know I'm  not the only one who grew up with a mother who played A Christmas To Remember with Kenny Rogers and Dolly on repeat.  I swear that for years, I thought it was the only Christmas album that existed.  My mom played it on our little radio/tape player in the kitchen from November to January, usually when she was cooking or baking for the holidays. 


Of course Dolly isn't just known for her Christmas songs, her Christmas movies and her Christmas TV specials, she written songs, made movies, and done specials for almost all of the major holidays, including Thanksgiving. 


The TV Guide ad below is from the 1987 episode of Dolly's ABC variety show titled A Tennessee Mountain Thanksgiving.  Five years before however, she was on the big screen, a film I didn't realize until recently could be considered a Thanksgiving film.  It also features what I believe, is one of only two scenes with male nudity in a Dolly Parton project.  I'm sure many of you already know what film it is, but to be sure... check it out on the on FH HERE:

No comments: