Friday, December 22, 2023

Naughty Magazines:

🎅 Holiday Meatings! ðŸŽ…

It shouldn't surprise many who visit FH that I love a holiday issue.  Adult magazines, especially in the 70's,  80's and 90's used to always put out a holiday issues.  An issue with a colorful holiday cover and inside, filled with holiday themed pictorials, articles and even holiday ads.  A great holiday issue, meant going through plenty of holiday tissues.

I remember going Christmas shopping with my mother and siblings and seeing the naughty magazines on the top shelf, out of reach from young, innocent eyes.  Some were in plastic, and some were covered so that only the tall adults could get a look.  As a kid though, I saw just enough red, green and skin to have me wanting to see more.

When I got a little older, and was able to buy the magazine myself, most of them had already stopped making their holiday issues.  Later, I bought a few on-line, but saw most of them on-line.  I think over the years of working on FH, I've featured almost every holiday issue that I could buy, borrow or find on-line.


I strive to organize and arrange each day of FH much like a magazine.  I start off with a cover story, (pic of the day) then do a few smaller pieces, (birthdays, seasonal sightings) then end with the main feature and cover story.  That's my goal at least.  It's also one of the reasons I do so many 'holiday issues', for almost every holiday.  I think it goes back to those days as a kid staring up at the red, the green and flesh just high above, but just out of reach.   Not any more. 

No comments: