Friday, December 22, 2023

Actors & SKIN: Peter Gallagher in Summer Lovers

' A young American couple and a French woman engage in a threesome in the Greek Islands.'


There ar so many reasons to be thankful for writer, producer and director Randal Kleiser.  He gave us Grease,  White Fang and Big Top Pee Wee not to mention introducing us to Christopher Atkins in The Blue Lagoon.   He also gave us our best, and most complete view of actor Peter Gallagher in 1982's Summer Lovers


I think I remember my older brother renting Summer Lovers in the late 80's when I was about 10 or 11.  I think he rented it thinking he see a lot of a naked Daryl Hannah.  I didn't really pay much attention, and only watched a few minutes before getting board.   I rented it myself when I was older, after reading that Peter Gallagher was naked in the film.


We really can't complain about the male nudity as Gallagher showed far more than Daryl Hannah, and equally as much as co-star Valérie Quennessen.  I never watched The OC, (although it is on my list) and my main memories of Gallagher are from VHS movies from the 80's and 90's.  Tall, lean with that head of dark hair and those beautiful lucious lips!


I think it was this movie that first introduced me to the concept of a ménage à trois, and the concept certainly made an impact!  It also gave me dreams of heading to the Greek Islands, taking off all my clothes and jumping off the rocks into the Aegean sea.  I'm sure the film, and the setting, set many travel plans in motion.


Although the far frontal of Gallagher jumping off the cliffs is great, (and you can see the video on FH HERE:)  I think my favorite moment of skin was  Peter undressing on the beach.  Loved Peter crouching down quickly, embarrassed to be nude in front of Lina for the first time.  He got over that quickly.




No comments: