Thursday, March 7, 2024

Blast From The Past: Mark Hamill


'I'm Luke Skywalker, I'm here to rescue you!'


Although I went back and forth between lusting after Luke and Hans, I think Luke won out most of the time, especially when I was younger.   Although there is only about 9 years between Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford, when I was a kid watching Star Wars, Hans seemed like the older guy, and my appreciate for older men didn't really occur until I was in my twenties.

Hamill in a German video shoot

Star Wars was actually Hamill's very first feature film, and it's hard to imagine making your screen debut in a bigger world wide money making hit.  Hamill had been working steadily on television, making appearances on shows including: The Bill Cosby Show, Room 222, The Partridge Family and General Hospital.


When Hamill got his audition for the sci-fi saga, he had actually just signed a five year contract with Lorimar.  Hamill was cast as the original David Bradford in Eight Is Enough and had already filmed the pilot. Although it took a little doing, Lorimar eventually let Hamill out of his contract to do the film.  Grant Goodeve went on to play David for the rest of the shows run.

The Texas Wheelers (1974-1975)

Currently, my Galactic crush is solely on Hamill, who I admire and respect for his outspoken views on politics and world events.  I'm sure some which Luke Skywalker would speak less about the orange idiot, but Luke's fought an ugly emperor before, and I enjoy watching him on Twitter doing the same today.

Black Magic Woman (1991)

One of Hamill's hottest scenes to me was his role in the erotic thriller Black Magic Woman in 1991.  Although Hamill kept his clothes on, (barely) we did get a great scene of him in just a skimpy pair of grey undies.  I tried to find a decent copy of the film, without any luck, but did find a low quality version, and made the clip below.


Thankfully, there were a few better quality caps and gifs on the net showing Hamill looking hung in the scene.


Although Hamill is credited as having a nude scene in 1993's Body Bags, my gut tells me it's a body double.  First off, it's Hamill's only butt baring scene, and the way it's filmed never includes a frame of Hamill's handsome face and hot butt together.  Still... worth a look.

Body Bags (1993)

No comments: