Thursday, March 7, 2024

Blast from the Past: Harrison Ford

'You like me because I'm a scoundrel.'


Growing up in the eighties, I don't think there were too many weekends when Harrison Ford wasn't in one of the movies we rented on VHS to watch.  From the Star Wars and Indiana Jones trilogy's through Patriot Games, The Fugitive, Working Girl and Blade Runner.  I'm not sure I can think of any other actor who has been apart of so many hits, summer blockbusters and films that can be re-watched over and over again.


Above: Ford in 1970 working as a Carpenter in between the odd acting job. In this case building a recording studio for Samba-superstar Sérgio Mendes


I didn't really appreciate the hottness that was Harrison Ford until I was older.  I think it may have been watching Witness on DVD when I was in my twenties that I really finally got the appeal.  I wasn't into 'rugged' when I was younger, but I've grown to appreciate that quality, especially when it's balanced.


For never really went for the 'beefcake' roles, or even exploiting his body for promotion as so many actors do.  The one exception might be the images of Ford in a speedo from an 1981 photoshoot with photographer Nancy Moran.   Given it's really the only series of shirtless images of the actor that I could find, it would be interesting to know what motivated him to do the shoot.


Behind the scenes on Witness

Frantic (1988)

I'm not sure this scene from 1988's Frantic can actually be considered a nude scene, but it's the closest Ford has come to showing anything below the waist on screen.

No comments: