Saturday, April 6, 2024

Danse Diabolique


'There are three things you can never get enough of in life, Lieutenant. Chocolate, friends, and the theater.'
Jessica Fletcher


Last summer, I wrote about finding repeats of Murder She Wrote on one of my new retro channels. (Death Toll)  I'd seen a handful of episodes when I was a kid, my mom liked to watch it, but missed most of the shows run.  I added it to my TiVo and started trying to catch up.   I quickly gave up, but not before posting about several of the hunks who interacted with Jessica Fletcher over the years.


I stopped watching regularly, and deleted it from TiVo when there was, what seemed like, endless episodes with Angela Lansbury.  I also hated most of the trips 'abroad', loving the episodes set in Cabot Cove the best.   I did however, catch an episode last week, mostly due to a catching a particular hottie in tights.


The episode, Danse Diabolique is the eleventh episode from the shows eighth season.  The story finds Jessica unravelling death of a ballerina after she dances a ballet that has killed everyone who has tried it.  The guest stars who I was somewhat familiar with were; Marisa Berenson, Stephen Nichols and Daniel Pilon.  Then of course, there was that man in tights.


I instantly recognized the face, (and the mullet) but couldn't really figure out how I knew him until heading to the IMDB.  I'm sure of some of you easily guessed the hottie in question, but it was a mystery to me.  When I found out who he was, I was a little surprised.  I'm not sure I've ever actually seen much, or any, of his work, but I did know the face.


I recognized actor Robert Torti from images in the many TV and celebrity magazines I used to collect.  When I was a kid, I was often dragged to flea markets on Sunday after church.  The one saving grace was that my mother would give me a couple of dollars to keep me quiet.  I always bought old celebrity  magazines.  Torti's character Damien Bolo was in tights for almost all of his scenes, and had me wanting to see, and find out more.  Check out more of Robert Torti on the NEXT PAGE HERE:

No comments: