Saturday, April 20, 2024

Hot Suits:


'What TV's heavenly bodies will (almost) have on at the beach.'


It's funny, I've seen very little of Knots Landing.  When I was a kid, my parents watched Dallas, and I got hooked when it aired on TNN in the late 1990's.   I knew that actor Ted Shackelford played Gary, Lucy's dad, and caught him on the spin-off when the first two seasons of Knots Landing were released on DVD.  I've caught a few other episodes on-line, but am still hoping the entire run get's a digital release at some point. 


Not having seen it all, doesn't mean I don't have an appreciation for the male hotties running around Seaview Circle, especially Gary, the cul-de-sac's resident male himbo.   Last month, when doing a 'blast from the past' post on actor Doug Sheehan, (HERE:) I came across a French fan site for the show with some hot shot of Mr. Shackleford. 


It reminded me, that I never did a 'hot suits' post on Ted. Some of you remember those bathing suit issues of US Magazine from the 80's.  I used to scour old flea markets, and for awhile, sold sell back issues of my finds on e-bay.  I could buy boxes of old magazines for a few bucks, and sell them for much more on e-bay.  


I don't know if I ever found one of the 'hot suit' issues at the flea market, but I did find and buy a few old copies on e-bay for myself. I've previously put together 'hot suits' posts featuring actors Jon-Erik Hexum, (HERE:) and Ted McGinley. (HERE:)  I hadn't however, put together one for Ted. 


It actually wasn't so much the magazine images that I wanted to share, but the outtakes and unpublished shots, that made their way on to the Internet years after the magazine hot suit issue hit the stand.  Shackelford's images are probably the hottest, and I wish I could have found more!  In some he's wearing a pretty skimpy white bikini brief.  Unfortunately, it was Donna Mills in focus, so you didn't get such a really great view of Ted's package in white.


These last two shots, of Ted in red, give a slightly better view.  I can't imagine too many of today's prime-time television actors, posing in such a skimpy swimsuit in a mainstream magazine.  In putting together this piece, while searching for images of Ted in his tiny speedos, I found some other hot shots, not connected to the magazine shoot.  You can check them out on the NEXT PAGE HERE: