Saturday, July 20, 2024

Man of the Moment:


Actor Glen Powell is certainly Hollywood's man of the moment.  He's been lighting up the big screen in several blockbusters over the last 12 months.  Some are saying he's the next Tom Cruise.  I hope not.  I have great respect for Cruise's early career, but the last two decades he's mostly only making formulaic franchise films.   Cruise is no longer taking the risks he took in the 80's and 90's.  

Powell is so good, and so likable, I hope he moves back and forth between summer blockbusters and roles in eclectic and interesting films.  I've been following Powell's career for almost a decade, back to his time on Scream Queens and his nude scene in Sex Ed in 2014.  Check out my previous posts featuring Howell on FH HERE:

3 comments:

Gobi said...

i'm reserving judgement on this on until it has been determined if he is in truth a disciple of scientology. Tommy Boy is aging out at this point and I guess they need a fresher face, and it seems like they have been trying to make him a thing for a while now. No doubt he is hot, but I'm a little tired of crazy at the moment. And for all the defenders out there...remember that, if you are a boy and like to kiss boys, then you are considered an unwanted deviation and perversion. I'm not supporting anyone who supports the devaluation of another based on race, gender or sexuality.

vito said...

Powell.

Tye said...

Thanks, fixed!