Monday, October 3, 2016

Light Years Away: FaVorites II from Lights On Studio


Last month, I posted part one of Lights On Studio's favorite shots from his immense portfolio of images and shoots. Photographer Tom Nakielski acknowledged it was a difficult task narrowing down his favorites, especially given the array of models and themes that he has shot. Tom narrowed it down to about 40 shots, the first set I featured in last month's Ray of Light.


In part two, the focus is more on style and creativity. Tom combines the beauty of the male form with themes which include classic Greek Gods, mythology and Gothic and fantasy inspired imagery.  Tom uses his signature flashes of light and vibrant colors as well some new tricks and techniques in the creation of this second set of favorites from Lights On Studio.

Zach

I can't remember how I came in contact with Zach; but his picture did win the POTD contest from Model Mayhem. Love how relaxed and natural he looks.  With the image above, I was just experimenting with an image. The red curves are from an image I took at the Detroit Auto
Show.  I love the intense feeling from Zach in the image below.


Matt

I was at an event with artists creating chalk art on the sidewalk. Matt was creating a chalk image depicting dance. He was a dancer himself. I suggested he come have a session with me. I had been wanting to create an image with the effect of the dust flying. Matt excelled in creating the puffs of "smoke"  


At that shoot, I also found out that Matt could also perform with silks. It was a bit of a process setting up the silks in the studio to make it safe. He was hesitant to do nude shots but I assured him I would make sure the images we created would be artistic and tasteful. So glad he agreed to do it.


Elijah & Donovan

I took advantage of having Elijah for one session and Donovan for another session after Elijah's and used the opportunity to do a duo of them together. Once again the "smoke" was to mask Donovan's privates, but I like the atmosphere it created.

Nate

Nate was one of the first bodybuilders I worked with. I spotted him in a restaurant wielding a sword. And I immediately knew I would love to have a session with him. The sword was won from a physique contest he just competed in. (I do have images with the sword but I like the ones I have included in this group better). He has never posed nude before so I did quite a few shot with clothes and shirtless to ease him into it all.




Exavier 

Exavier is a life model and has a passion for the arts. He is in graduate school writing his thesis in aesthetics. He wanted the images we created to have some meaning or tell a story and was an eager participant and contributor in all the concepts we worked on.


No comments: