Saturday, September 30, 2017

Cover Boy: Marcel by Hans Fahrmeyer


While putting together the forward for The Naked Truth, I was struck with how many of photographer Hans Fahrmeyer's shots and models influenced my love of images of the male form. I have written before that my introduction to Han's work when I first got on-line was his work photographing the men of Vista Video.


Most video sites promote their product through images, but Hans' shots of the Vista models were works of art that caused thousands to join the site to see more of the men in those promotional images. One of my favorite Vista models, and a favorite of many others I know, was Marcel. I have seen images of Marcel from other photographers but there was something special that Hans captured that causes them to stand out.


It was no surprise that Hans chose Marcel as the cover for his photo compilation, The Naked Truth. When I think of Hans images, Marcel is one of several models that I consider synonymous his work. After seeing Marcel on the cover, I thought it was time to revisit his early work with Hans, and pull out some of my favorite shots.


Some of these images you have seen before, but I also tried to choose a few edits that have not been seen before. Marcel has an incredible ass, and beautifully captured every angle and curve. One of Hans signature shots is capturing his models with their jeans pulled down, both exposing, and beautifully highlighting their backside. Hans perfectly captures Marcel magnificent and muscled physique which is why these images remain popular and classic depictions of the male form.


These shots have me wanting to track down some of Marcel's old videos from Vista. I must find out if they are still available anywhere online... In the meantime, if you want to see more of Marcel, and more of Hans work, check out The Naked Truth on Amazon HERE:


Hans shares that he found Marcel indirectly through Phil Fusco. Phil was then working for Ron Williams who created the Vista films with Phil, Marcel and other models. I remember finding the site alive and active a few years ago, but sadly today, the link seems inactive.



No comments: