Saturday, September 30, 2017

Martin Milner: Tempting


I have not seen 1960's The Private Lives of Adam and Eve, but I was intrigued after seeing a promo still from the film on Instagram. The story involves a modern couple who dream that they are Adam and Eve with some of their friends and acquaintances taking on the various characters from the Book of Genesis in fantasy sequences. Although Mickey Rooney is listed as the star, (playing the Devil) Adam, is played by actor Martin Milner.


Milner is maybe best known for his TV roles in the 60's and 70's in shows like Route 66 and Adam 12. A little googling let me know Milner wasn't really known for his 'hunky' roles, but he fills out his 'creatively designed....' loin cloth just fine in this flick. What intrigued me about the shots was how vulnerable Milner's Adam looks, clearly being tempted and devoured by the female characters he is in Paradise with.


Given the 60's was the John Wayne decade, it is rare to see images of a hot hunky guy who is not the hero of the movie. As much as I was intrigued by these promotional images, I am not sure they were enough to have me actually look for, and watch the film. If anyone has seen it, and think it's worth a look, please let me know!



No comments: