Monday, March 12, 2018

Fruits of his Labor: Adam by rmark_photography


'I'd say Roger helped me get more comfortable in my own skin than I have felt in quite some time.'


Some of you may remember Adam, who's images by rmark_photography I first featured last month on Valentines. (Change of Heart) Regular readers know FH is all about story, and I love the story of how Adam came to be in front of Rogers camera. Sometimes an photographers goal is create beauty through their skill and artistry. My favorite images however, are those when the photographer's goal is capture an existing beauty that they want celebrate and share.


Roger noticed Adam on Instagram where Adam had been posting selfies chronicling his profess with working work. At the time, Adam was posting selfies, and had never modeled or posed for a professional photograph. When the Savannah photographer initially reached out about a shoot, Adam had a lot of questions, but was curious ad intrigued at the idea and eventually agreed to a shoot. Roger drove down to Washington where Adam lives and rented a hotel room for the shoot.


'After Roger reached out to me and said he liked the progress I was showing with my fitness transformation and offered a photo shoot, I was quite interested in putting the fruits of my labor in an artistic medium, so I accepted. He was very encouraging, positive, innovative, and clever with his ideas and vision for the shoot and looks we put together. I'd say Roger helped me get more comfortable in my own skin than I have felt in quite some time.'


'Photographing in a hotel room has a lot of challenges, but we used a variety of lighting, and backgrounds. We also tried to have some variety to Adam's look by shooting images with Adam's full beard, and also trimming it down to a scruff. Adam look very different from one photograph to the next, going from serious to playful. Adam was great to work with and I hope that I get to work with him again.'



1 comment:

PT said...

Adam is a great looking guy, and I'm glad that this photoshoot helped him to see that.