Thursday, June 27, 2019

macpics: Character Studies


'I call these informal character studies, but I suppose the less pretentious way of saying that is snap-shots of people in spontaneous moments. I just like to catch people in gentle, sweet or amusing moments. I enjoy the moment of taking shot as much as I do looking at the shots later.'


Although there are no hunks in this series of images, when Ian sent on these images of such beautiful and compelling faces, there certainly were some favorites.  When I mentioned in the previous piece how much can you learn about an artist by their choice of subject, I wanted to to include of some of Ian's images not focused on the male form.


I've written many pieces about how much I love faces, and that I struggle to enjoy, and fully appreciate images in which the face is covered.  As much as I love the male form, a form to me is not complete without a face, a pair of eyes, a person and a soul attached.  Theses shots are full of beautiful faces, beautiful eyes, and beautiful souls.


'I'd tried to take a shot of her at a distance, but she spotted me, frowned and wagged her finger at me, so I decided to cut to the chase and pay her. 20 Baht would have been plenty, but I only had a 100 Baht note, so I gave her that. That's a pittance to westerners, but it it'd be a fair amount of money to her. Anyway, the instant she got the money she was all smiles and happy to be shot'

Young man: Why don't you and I audition for 'Thailand's Got Talent'?
Monkey: The very idea!


So, that's what became of Dr. Strangelove!

No comments: