Thursday, June 27, 2019

Quaternate: macpics


'I don't look for a particular type, it's what- or whoever catches my eye.'


I remember back in 2011 when the images from Ian (macpics) first caught my eye.  Although skill and creativity and how a photographer shoots is important, I am equally, or sometimes even more so, drawn to who a photographers chooses to shoot. In addition to his vibrant red background, and all those steamy shower shows, when I think of Ian's work, I also think of the variety of men he captures.  The who often tells you more about the artist than the how.

From agency signed commercial models, to men who've never stepped in front of the lens before.  Although much of Ian's work was shot in Australia, where he lives, many of shoots have been with models Ian connected with and shot while traveling.  Check out my previous features on Ian's work below, and a new shoot with Chris on PAGE 2 HERE:


2019


2016


2015


2011-2014

No comments: