Friday, December 17, 2021

12 Days: Gregory Harrison in The Nine Kittens of Christmas

'Zachary and Marilee are thrown back together at Christmas when they're tasked with finding homes for a litter of adorable kittens.'

I didn't DVR Hallmark's The Nine Kittens of Christmas because of actor Gregory Harrison, I didn't really even know he was in it.  I recorded the holiday flick because of two things, Brandon Routh, and kittens.  Turns out, as hot as Routh and those kittens were, the 71 year old Harrison still has it what it takes to grab my attention.

I'm a little young to remember Harrison from his hay day as one the eighties hottest television hunks.  I think I first actually first remember seeing him on television in the early 90's when he appeared on Falcon Crest.  I do however, remember seeing that handsome face and hot chest in movie and television magazines.  Since then, I've gone back to watch many of his early appearances on Youtube. 

It was on Youtube that saw Harrison as a stripper in 1981's For Ladies Only.  It was where I saw many of his speedo wearing appearances on Battle of the Network Stars.  I later found a copy of the actors first film, and only full nude scene, in 1973's The Harrad Experiment. You can check out all of pieces on the 80's icon HERE:


I've kept an eye out of the hot and talented actor since and enjoyed his appearances in several films and television shows.  Harrison however, has a very frustrating nudity record.  It's the actor himself, but because two of his most famous scenes of skin have not really been properly memorialized. 


Harrison had a quick full frontal nude scene in The Harrad Experiment, plus a longer nude scene along with Don Johnson and others during an outside nude yoga class.  Unfortunately, there does not seem to be a decent copy of the film available.  I've downloaded a few versions, and even ordered one on Amazon, but they all seem to be the same.  There has obviously been some work to improve the film's quality, but it appears it was done for a television version. 

 All of the scene appear fairly clear and cleaned up, all however, except the nude scenes.  You get a clear version of Don Johnson going into the shower, but a blurry version of his frontal coming out.  You get a clear version of the group in the pool, then it turns blurry just as Harrison's frontal occurs.  They're in the film, but they looked like they were edited after and never cleaned up like the rest of the film.  I hope some day this is rectified. 

The Harrad Experiment (1973)

The clearest view of Harrison's frontal comes from what appears to be a promotional image that looks like it appeared first on the old Campfire Site.  I've seen some caps from Dewey that look clearer than the other versions.  I'm guessing maybe they came form an early VHS copy of the film.


For Ladies Only (1981)

1981's For Ladies Only also never had a decent release.  The only copies I could find are on E-Bay and Youtube, and both have poor quality.  Even more frustrating, is that the film had a European version (below) in which Harrison ditched the speedo he wore in the US version (above) for a G-string in the strip scenes.  I've look, but have not seen this version anywhere to be seen.




Body Chemistry II: The Voice of a Stranger (1991)

Sooo.. that led me to find a copy of Harrison's only other on-screen nudity, his butt scene in the 1991 softcore flick Body Chemistry II: The Voice of a Stranger.  Again, not great quality, but because it's more recent, at least it's not blurry.  Hopefully decent copies of the other flicks, especially The Harrad Experiment, will one day be available. 

No comments: