Wednesday, November 23, 2022

An Assertive Assist: Zilo by Lights On Studio


' I took way too many clothed shots.'


FH viewers know how much I love a slow reveal.  I love featuring portrait, clothed and underwear shots of models prior to the rousing reveal.   Usually, when I' featuring the work of photographer Tom Nakielski, (Lights On Studio) I have to request that he take more clothed or partially clothed shots, certainly not less...


Tom has shot dozens of holiday themed shoots for FH, including five for Thanksgiving, but when I first started scrolling through this series with Zilo, something seemed a little different...  It wasn't bad, Zilo looked adorable in his plaid shirt and jeans and I loved the harvest display that Tom had put together.  But... when as I scrolled, and scrolled, the first twenty or so images looked liked Tom had captured a set of images for Zilo to give as a gift to his Grandmother. 


I was a bit perplexed, Tom never seemed bashful about asking a model to drop trou, especially given his years of experience shooting hot naked men.  Like a turkey during the week before Thanksgiving, Tom seemed a little bashful,.  Like that fearful fowl, our sheepish shutterbug seemed  hesitant, nervous to ask Zilo to present his package.   Now I knew from Tom's shoot with Zilo for Halloween, (HERE:) the clothes definitely came off, but with this series of images there was an obvious holiday hesitation.  


Then I kept scrolling, and sure enough, Zilo began unbuttoning his plaid shirt, and the jeans were unzipped.  I actually really enjoyed the build up Tom created by having Zilo create a tantalizing Thanksgiving tease.  Shortly after I got an e-mail from Tom explaining why it took a awhile for Zilo's jeans to finally up on the studio's floor. 


'I took way too many clothed shots. It took me forever to finally get him naked. I think I am more shy about getting the models naked then they are. Karah finally hinted to me to have him start disrobing.'


We can all thank Tom's assistant Karah, for giving him a nudge that it was time to start giving thanks for Zilo's beautiful body. Given his experience and skill, Tom would have certainly gotten there on his own.  This was also not only Tom's first time meeting and working with Zilo, it was first time was back in the studio after health issues sidelined his photography earlier this year.  


I really need not have worried, over the past year or so, before his fall, Tom has been pushing erotic boundaries with his work, so much so, some of what he's shared with me has been more explicit than I usually share on FH.  I also did really enjoy Zilo's slow strip, and once those clothes came off, he and Tom really got going.  Check out the results from the second half of the Thanksgiving shoot, as well as Ziol's thoughts on the day, on the NEXT PAGE HERE:


 

No comments: