Wednesday, November 23, 2022

12 Days: Ike Barinholtz in The Oath


In a politically divided America, a man struggles to make it through the Thanksgiving holiday without destroying his family


With comedians Ike Barinholtz and Tiffany Haddish you might think you're going to get a funny, 'feel good' Thanksgiving movie.  Think again... Although the cast is made up of comedy actors, 2018's The Oath leans more towards the dark side.  Made during the last couple of years of the dump presidency, the move explores the unrest and violence when a government goes bad.


I didn't love The Oath, but it did reignite my love of the Barinholtz  brother.  I know if push came to shove I might change my mind, but I think if the choice was a night of wild sex with a set of brothers, I might just pass over those Hemsworth's for some fun with the Barinholtz's.  I crushed over Ike since his days on MadTV, and then his little brother Jon, (who is also in The Oath) when he was on Superstore.

I remember I was just out of University when Ike made his debut on MadTV in 2002.   In his first couple of seasons, he and actor Josh Meyers were what really brought me over from SNL, and had me checking out the show, at least for a brief period of time.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine

MadTV

Ike and Josh were often out of their clothes on MadTV, and some of their sketches were really boundary pushing at the time.  Many remember their kissing bros football sketch, (HERE:)  but that was just one many hilarious time the two teamed up. 

One of the most sketches that really pushed the limits was this one, featuring Ike, Josh Michael McDonald and Bobby Lee as Priests looking to get busy at a boys summer camp.  You can watch the Hot Up Here sketch on Youtube HERE:  Ike didn't really have too many nude scenes, but he did show a lot of skin, see more of his skin baring roles on FH HERE:

No comments: