Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Gobbler's Retribution


HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

To all those celebrating today!


'You only like me for my breasts....'
The Thanksgiving Turkey

Art from Garik Aliev

Turkey's get a bad wrap, despite their reputation, if in a trusting relationship with a human, they can actually be quite social and friendly. Turkey's certainly get the rotten end of the stick at Thanksgiving.  I always found it rather morbid how many Thanksgiving images and decorations include turkey's, given t their sacrificial role in the festivities.  My issue isn't primarily with the eating of meat, it's the inhuman way in which we do it.

Art from Lord Iron

A few years ago, I began posting artwork with the theme of 'turkey's revenge'.  It began with just one image.  Since then, I have tried to add new art pieces each year whenever I could find them.  Given how many turkey's are being fried, stuffed and roasted today, I liked the thought of celebrating the bird with images with them fighting back and getting a little retribution on those trying to capture, kill, pluck and stuff them.
 

Back in 2020, I loved having a new and original art piece (above) from Roy from badsign769. to add to the series.  As you can see from Roy's image above the turkey's have teamed up and it looks like our hot pilgrim is about to get  his giblets cut, carved and castrated..  This year, Roy continued his story with a new piece of artwork below.  Our perky pilgrim was obviously caught, tied and stuffed.  He's all ready, and in position for an all you can eat buffet.   Enjoy your Thanksgiving meal!

badsign769 on Instagram | Twitter

No comments: