Saturday, November 12, 2022

I Wish...

When I was growing up, the book most read around this time of year was the Christmas Wish Book.  My siblings and I were so excited when it arrived.  Usually my older brother got it first, and we glanced at the pages over his shoulder.  At the time, I hadn't really internalized my sexuality, so both confused and wise, I knew enough to pretend to be excited at the Tonka Trucks, the Matchbox mini cars and sports equipment. 

When I was finally able to get the book to myself, I headed straight to the same favored sections.  The stereos, the book and movie sections and the dolls.  I wasn't really that interested in the female dolls or Barbie's, it was the Ken and the male dolls I so wanted to find under my tree.  Of course I never did, I asked for GI Joe's or other action figures that I could secretly dress and undress and manipulate to look how I wanted.

I'm not sure what I would have done if I there'd been a Dream Daddy Ken in my stocking, but I'm sure I would have freaked out.  Daddy Dream Ken is actually a doll I'd still love to see wrapped under my tree if they were available for purchase.  When I saw these pics, they reminded me of another dream daddy, a guy (below) I was already planning to post about this fall.  Check out who he is on the NEXT PAGE HERE:

No comments: