Thursday, August 31, 2023

Vision Quest...


Most little boys and girls at one time or another wanted to be a superhero.  I spent half of my childhood running through the woods with a towel wrapped around my neck.  That bath towel was superhero cape, and with it, I imagined I was Superman, Batman, and once in awhile, when I thought no one was looking, I was Wonder Woman.


We all wanted Superman's powers and wondered what we'd do if we had them.  I know that most would say they'd want to fly, or have super strength to save the world.  Given that everyone reading this is a  FH viewer, I'm also guessing many of you, myself included, would want to try out that X-Ray vision.

'Three people who are not happy are torn between love, hate, promises, truth and prejudice. Stories that are intertwined with the city as a silent witness to its dilemmas.'

In the 1998 Cuban drama La vida es silbar, (Life Is To Whistle) one characters gets to see what it would be like to be able to remove a guys clothing with just a wish, and a little imagination. 


Now I wish that I could tell you the film was 2 hours of Mariana, (played by Claudia Rojas) visually removing the clothes of hundreds of hot actors.  Sadly, it's just one brief scene, but it is a good one.  Someone needs to take this idea and really run with it in a really great film.  I know the theme has been used before, but it's usually in teen comedies where the only ones losing their clothes are female.  Anyway, although the scene is brief, I thought some might enjoy taking a peak.

No comments: