Friday, October 27, 2023

Requiem to a Scream

'Make Your Last Breath Count!


Over the last few Halloweens, I have been wanting to do a Scream themed day.  It proved a little more difficult than I originally had thought.  I always look for an original photoshoot to accompany my theme days, and several fell through as October approached.  Then, a few weeks ago, a very welcomed surprise came my way.


I saw Scream in the theatre with a group of friends when I was in University.  We all loved it, especially the weaving of comedy and horror.  Director Wes Craven is a favorite of mine, and many of you may remember I devoted an entire Halloween season spotlighting the male skin in his horror films. (you can check them all out HERE:)


We all loved the movie, especially the extended opening scene, and the extended final party scenes.  Having watched the films a few times since, the opening scene doesn't hold up as well, at least not for me.  The premise and dialogue still work, and the grizzly conclusion, but Drew Barrymore is surprisingly weak, acting wise, during the scene.  I guess we didn't notice it the first time, given the creative set-up, and shocking ending.  Maybe her acting worked given as an audience, we were supposed to be lured in by the story.


So if you enjoyed the movie as much as I did, and even  if you didn't, I hope you enjoy my salute to Scream over the next 3 pages.  It's filled with a gaggle of Ghostface's, an original shoot and new artwork, my favorite movie from the series, and a surprising choice, (at least to me) of the actor from the film series, that I chose for the next Actors & SKIN. (HERE:)

Original Artwork by badsign769

No comments: