Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Beneath Those Manholes, A Man-eater Is Waiting ...

'It's 36 feet long, weighs 2000 pounds, lives 50 feet below the city. Nobody knows it's down there except the people it eats...'

A couple of weeks ago, someone I follow on Twitter posted a scene from the  1980 horror flick Alligator.  The scene was from the climatic ending, (below) when the 36 ft long beast causes carnage after dropping in on an afternoon garden party. I'd never seen the movie before, but when I was a kid, always loved those old 'animal' goes wild movies that they'd sometimes play on tv on the weekends.  

Many were from the 70's and 80's and most were low budget and often cringe worthy.  Most featured a a bear, a snake, or some spiders or bees that end up going wild killing everyone they encountered.  In Alligator, a pet baby alligator is flushed down the toilet, and survives in the city sewers.  Thanks to a diet of discarded laboratory dogs injected with grown hormones, after twelve years, it's hungry and humans are now on the menu.

Lang

There were three actors that grabbed my attention, two I'd profiled before, and one, I was introduced to for the same time.  Blond cutie Perry Lang played Officer Jim Kelly, and spoiler alert, his character has an unfortunate encounter in the sewers.  Some of you might remember my Blast from the Past piece on Lang, (HERE:) featuring his butt baring scenes in the 1980's comedies Teen Lust and Spring Break.

Spring Break (1983)

Petersen

Actor Pat Petersen also has a small role as Joey in the film.  Alligator was made about the same time Petersen was making his debut as Michael Fairgate on Knots Landing.  Petersen was about 14 at the time of filming, but we all watched him grow into a hottie during his time on the prime-time soap.  Sadly, Patersen seems to have left the business, with his last role being in the Knots Landing reunion move in 1997.  You can check out my previous piece on Pat Petersen HERE:

Forester

The actor I'd not met before was Robert Forster who played cop David Madison in the film.  Forster had the lead role and although I sort of recognized his face, I couldn't place the name until heading to Google after watching the film.


Although not traditionally 'handsome', there was something incredibly hot about Forster in the film, and something... I wanted to see more of.  Although there was no nudity in Alligator, Forster did have a short scene in his tighty whities.  My Google search however, led to seeing that Forster does have a rather impressive nudity resume.  Check out some highlights on the NEXT PAGE HERE:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Forster played the lead in a 1969 movie called Medium Cool, about a newsman at the 1968 Democratic Convention in Chicago. The film was notable on one level because it incorporated actual newsreel footage from the previous year’s Chicago events. I confess that I went to see it when it was first released because of the promise of Forster’s extended nude scene.