Sunday, August 7, 2022

Blast from the Past: Pat Peterson


I never watched much Knots Landing when I was a kid.  My parents watched Dallas, and because it aired on Friday nights, I often was allowed to stay up and watch before being ushered to bed.  Knots Landing however, was on a school night, so it wasn't until I was older that I got to know the inhabitants of the California cul-de-sac.  


To be honest, I still haven't watched that much of Knots  just a few episodes here and there when Soapnet was on the air.  I did buy the DVD's of the first two seasons (the only seasons available) but just couldn't get into it.  Hopefully since Warner is working on scanning the old episodes of Dallas for a HD update, Knots Landing might be next.  I may just get into it when the entire 12 seasons are able to be streamed.


From those episodes I have seen however, I learned a couple of things.  Joan Van Ark was over-rated, Constance McCashin (Laura) should have never been written out, and Pat Peterson was a cutie.  It's always difficult when an actor moves from cute kid to hot adult on a television show.  Peterson started his role as Michael when he was just 13 but played the role throughout his teens until he turned  25.  


This meant that Peterson played the cute kid for the first half of his time on the show, to the hot young guy who had an affair with his step-sister. (Nicolette Sheridan)  Sadly Knots Landing seems to have marked the end of Peterson's acting career.  He had quite a decent resume of television appearances prior to getting the role on the Prime-Time soap, but playing Michael is his last credited role. 


The Fiargate Kids

I'd actually forgot about my mini-crush on Michael until seeing a recent image of Peterson posted on Twitter,  I tried to find some recent info, or any recent jobs he might have, but there was little out there, not even a social media page, at least not one that I could find.  His Wikipedia page does briefly state he moved into the health food business and that he's married with two children.


Circus of the Stars (1986)

Blast From The Past was one of the first regular features I started when I began FH.  It remains a favorite to look back at some of the performers I remember while growing up.  I've been wanting to start an archive, putting all the posts together,  for all the men that I've covered and finally found the time to put it together.  Check it out on THE NEXT PAGE HERE:


Celebrity sporting event with Kim Fields

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU for sharing these great photos of Pat. He was so cute. I also liked his brother Chris. Two sexy guys.