Thursday, October 29, 2020

Joe Dallesandro in Blood For Dracula


'An ailing vampire count travels to Italy with his servant to find a bride.'

You can't be a site focused on the male form without returning again and again to the iconic Joe Dallesandro.  Whenever I see a project of Joe's I haven't seen, I share my findings on the site.  For some reason however, I thought I'd already seen 1974's Blood for Dracula.  I had it confused with another film in the in the series directed by Paul Morrissey. I featured Joe in Morrissey's Flesh For Frankenstein a few years ago, (HERE:) and until last week, thought Blood For Dracula was just another version of that film.  I glad I got it straightened out1 


Joe plays Mario, the servant of the Dark Lord, but he's not really the most loyal.  Dracula wants to suck the blood of young virgins, but Mario's usually a few steps ahead, bedding a set of sisters, ruining their blood for his boss.  Mario isn't the best of servants, nor the nicest of guys to the sisters he sexes up.


Joe is delicious as always, and although there are not frontals in this particular Morrissey film, there are plenty of juicy views of Joe's ass in spectacular motion. 


'Adding to the sleazy charm is Dallesandro's servant character, who manages to be the most outrageous of the bunch (even more so than the title character himself!). When he's not trying to sex the family daughters (not always consensually), he spouts Marxist theory that adds an interesting, if not heavy-handed, dimension to the film. This further demythologizes the Dracula character by reducing the story as an allegory for class struggle.'


'Dracula, the aging aristocrat, symbolizes the preying of the rich on the weak--that is, unless Dallesandro has something to say about it. It's an interesting little turn that separates this film from other Dracula films, but I'm still pretty sure it's ostensibly about Dracula and a bunch of whores above all, with Dallesandro there to save the day.'
Via Oh The Horror



No comments: