Thursday, October 29, 2020

Embodying the Undead: Cal by Lights On Studio


'This man belongs to me, I want him!' 
Bram Stoker, Dracula


Lights On Studio's Tom Nakielski always goes full planning his shoots, even more so when it's a holiday theme. I love the look, lighting and gothic vibe he created for Cal's Dracula, and the incredible wardrobe and props he pulled together.  I especially love the inclusion of Cal's candelabra.  I have been using a couple of images as my screen saver this week, and in a dark room,  the candelabra shines brightly through the darkness.  



Cal embodies the Prince of Darkness in every image and in every frame.  From his beautifully dark and sinister eyes and facial expression, through his tempting, but ultimately dangerous poses.  He lustfully lures you in, and you reluctantly, but willingly surrender.   Although Tom had impeccably planned the shoot, Cal's skills and background beautifully enhanced the creative process.


'I had Cal get changed into his outfit while I set of the backdrop and would then proceed with the makeup. Shortly later he came out in the costume and had done his makeup himself. And it was a great makeup job at that. Certainly made things easier for me which gave me more time for actual photographing.'


'Once on the set he began posing. I was in heaven. He knew what to do and was aware of the what the adjustments I needed to make throughout the session. And an added plus, he was eager to help me move props and help setting up the background. His acting skills were evident when he began posing. A perfect Dracula.'


'Cal was very comfortable throughout the entire session. Clothed and nude. He was also find showing Dracula's derriere, and felt it was one of his better physical features. I like all of his physical features and well as his laid back friendly personality. I would love to work with him again. We also did some non themed shots in street clothes and nudes. Got some beautiful figure studies.'


'Tom at Lights On was a pleasure to work with; truly a master of his craft. He's professional, kind, and committed. I love the work he's produced and the fun we had creating the ultimate vampire. Thank you, Tom!'





No comments: