Saturday, June 26, 2021

A Favorite Place of Mine: Juanzito by Bob Burkhardt


'Juanzito and I shot most of the afternoon and early evening, my longest shoot!'

It was last November when I first featured the stunning Juanzito and his work with photographer Bob Burkhardt.. (A Perambulate in Provincetown)  When going through the images Bob sent on, I was instantly struck by Juanzito's look.  His handsome face, his beautiful eyes and his incredibly hot physique.  It was clear Juanzito took care of his body and worked hard to maintain peak physical condition.


I was also struck by Bob's location work in Provincetown.  Bob has always been one of my favorite photographers to feature on the site.  Bob's passion extends beyond a focus on his own images and his own work.  You can see Bob goal is also to promote and elevate the men he shoots, creating uniquely high caliber images to stand out in their portfolios.  What was different with this shoot however, was being able to feature Bob's location work.


Most of the work I've featured from Bob's was shot in his Atlanta studio.  I especially love how Bob uses windows and the corners of rooms in his studio works.  Since Juanzito was visiting family in Boston, for this shoot, it made sense to meet up somewhere close so Juanzito took the ferry over to Provincetown to meet up.


'When he took the ferry over and I enjoyed watching him turn heads as we walked through town. I have been going to Provincetown for vacation since the 70s and its a favorite place of mine. It was great to work with a model in my favorite place.  He was shy and quiet at first but that passed as we started working together.'


'I remember he was not a fan of the cold water when we shot on the beach. He also was a bit shy. so we shot some under the dock instead of out on the beach  Later we went to T-dance at the Boatslip Beach Club. We got so many good images that we met there again to shoot a couple of years later. A shorter shoot but again I was struck by his friendly nature and modesty. He graced the cover of my second book and we’ve talked about shooting again.'


Check out more of Bob's work with Juanzito on the NEXT PAGE HERE:

No comments: