Tuesday, October 12, 2021

High Note: Andrew by Unlimited Male


'I like the contrast of having him fully dressed up in the formal suit for some of the images and then completely nude for others. These actually turned out to be some of my favorite shots from our shoot.'


I'm fairly positive that most FH readers recognize Andrew.  I think most followers of the male form on-line have seen images of Andrew on various sites and blogs. I've been fortunate to have featured the models work with several photographers including Gordon Nebeker (HERE:) and Greg Lindeblom. (HERE:)  My first piece with Andrew was back in 2017 and featured his work with Jay from Unlimited Male. (The Cusp of Cool)


Some of my favorite images from each of the three shoots that I featured include Andrew playing his sax.  His passion for his instrument is clearly a big part of his life, so much so, that he shared his love with playing with many of the artists who shot.  I really loved loved Jay's shots of Andrew with his sax.  I loved the curve of his back and butt when sitting on the stool, and I loved the visual Jay created by creating a blanket of sheet music for Andrew to lie and pose on.


I recently reached out to Jay asking if he had more images of Andrew with his sax, and specifically the series with sheet the music.  Not only did I love the series, I also was wanted to feature more than we did in the first piece.  When I posted Jay's work with Andrew in 2017, Andrew was fairly new to the modeling scene.  


Although he'd worked a lot, and with a variety of talented photographers, Andrew was carefully planning the trajectory of his career.  Since he was just beginning, he was careful with what he put out there, at least until he became more established.  As you can see, Jay had more from the series which he graciously shared by sending them along.  He also shared his experience with working with Andrew and how the shoot and final images all came together.


How did you first connect with Andrew? 
I connected with Andrew back when I was on the Model Mayhem site. I saw his work with a couple of other photographers on there. 

Did you approach him? What was his reaction? 
I did reach out to him. He seemed very interested in shooting with me. At that point, i think that he was really trying to build up his portfolio and looking to work with a lot of different photographers. 


What initially stood out to you visually about Andrew's look? 
I was really impressed with his abs, to be honest. Also, he was the first Asian model that I had the opportunity to work with.  

Did you have to bring up nude work, or was it already a given? 
There were no full nudes in his portfolio at the time, just a couple that I’d seen in portfolios of the other photographers he had worked with. When we began discussions about a shoot, he told me that he had been modeling for a while and actually had done nude work for several other photographers..  So... I did bring up full nude work. He was totally on board.


What was Andrew like to work with?  
Andrew was very incredible to work with. I picked him up from the airport that afternoon and we went to dinner then to the hotel where he would be staying. Even though he had spent several hours on a flight, he was ready to go and we actually wound up shooting at the hotel for several hours that night. He had no issues at all with nude work. 


How did the saxophone series come about?  
Prior to our photo shoot, Andrew mentioned that he played the sax. I told him to bring it and that we would incorporate it into the photo shoot. I was trying to come up with a theme for the sax and the idea of the sheet music just came to me. I downloaded some sheet music off the internet and printed 10 copies each of three different pages of sheet music on legal size paper. I brought the sheets to the studio and just sort of tossed them around on the floor and had him lay down on them for that part of the photo shoot. 

Andrew also mentioned the tux, so I asked him to bring it and we would try to incorporate it into the shoot. I’m glad that he brought it because the shits with the tux and sax turned out to be some of my favorite shots that we got. 



Andrew on Twitter | OnlyFans

No comments: