Monday, July 25, 2022

Humperdinck's Haunches


'I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped.'
Prince Humperdinck


Last week, after another airing of The Princess Bride, I posted about my love and lust for Farm Boy, played by actor Cary Elwes. (HERE:)  In addition to the loving the film, I've also previous posted about the nude scenes from cast members Christopher Guest, (HERE:) and Mandy Patinkin. (HERE:)  I wasn't aware however, that Prince Humperdinck (Chris Sarandon) also had a nude scene in his cinematic past. 


I grew up watching Sarandon on screen and remember watching many of his movies including; Child's Play, Protocol and Fright Night on VHS on my family's old Television set.  Sarandon was also nominated for an Oscar for his role in 1975's  Dog Day Afternoon.  I've never actually seen Dog Day Afternoon, but plan on catching it the next time it's on TCM.

The Sarandon's  (1968) by Wayne Higgs

Sarandon continued to act regularly through the 90's and 2000's with regular appearances on television shows including: Chicago Hope, Felicity, ER and Judging Amy.  Many may also know that Chris was married to Susan Sarandon in the sixties.  The couple divorced in 1979.  Soon after, Chris married model Lisa Ann Cooper and had three children before they divorced in 1989.  

The Princess Guys

I'm certainly a huge fan of Sarandon's third and current wife, Joanna Gleason, the original, and definitive Baker's Wife from Into The Woods.  The two have been married since 1994 after meeting while starring together in the short-lived 1991 Broadway musical Nick & Nora..

Fright Night (1985)

I've always found Sarandon attractive, but in researching this piece, didn't realize how hot he is and was.  During the 70's and 80's, Sarandon had the tall, dark and handsome thing down pat and looks a little like the love child of Michael Nouri and Steven Bauer.  Sarandon only has one 'nude' scene in his credits from the 1976 crime thriller Lipstick

Lipstick (1976)

'A top fashion model seeks justice after she is brutally raped by her teenaged sister's music teacher.'


Today, Lipstick could be a decent episode of Law & Order but the filmed ended up being a fairly decent courtroom drama,  There were great performances by Chris, Anne Bancroft and a young Perry King.  I can't say the same for the Hemmingway sisters, who never really seemed to get the 'hang' of acting.

No comments: