Thursday, December 22, 2022

Winter's Whisper


The snow is softly falling. 
The air is still within the silence of my room 
I hear your voice softly calling
Winter's Night

I've written before about my love for Christmas Eve.  Even more than the 25th, the day before has a distinct magical feeling unique only to the day before.  I have a tradition on Christmas Even of going for a long walk just after midnight.  I've gone with family members and friends, I've gone often with a dog, and many times on my own.

I know there's a lot going on in the world, and currently, a lot of crazy weather.  My memories of those walks though, are of a quiet whisper of winter, one I usually only feel in December around the holidays.  There's a whisper in January as well, but it's usually a bit more brusque.  I wanted today's posts to channel that winter whisper I listen for every Christmas Eve.  A  calm before the storm of Christmas morning.  When I thought of an image that best visually represented that feeling, I kept coming back to the incredible winter shot of Joshua David. (below) I've featured the image, and  Joshua's work on the site before, and his images felt perfect to illustrate winter's whisper that I wanted to spotlight today.

No comments: