Monday, March 20, 2023

Just Because: Nial Horan


I don't know if I've ever watched a full season, start to finish of The Voice.  I've certainly watched some, and especially clips and videos on Youtube.   American Idol sort of turned me off the audition phase of reality singing competitions.  It became so mean, and early on, it wasn't really connected to the main show, but a side show for Simon Cowell to be cruel and belittle. 


The Voice doesn't have that element, and it goes more for the viewers heartstrings, than just trying to get a laugh.  I tuned in this season, and found myself getting into the audition phase found myself continuing to watch.  I think the addition of One Direction's Niall Horan was a big part of the reason. 


I've also love me a little Horan, and even did a 'favorites' piece one the Irish born singer on St. Patrick's Day back in 2020.  (HERE:)  I focused mostly on Horan's 'twink' phase, and shots of him baring his beautiful butt for James Corden.   Horan has certainly grown up since his days in the boy band and to me, he's hotter than ever.


It's more than just his adorable face and great body that appealing, on The Voice, Horan really comes across as sweet and caring, talented for sure, but also highly skilled and competitive.  I loved seeing him dancing and getting into 15 year old Tate Wilson's audition, (HERE:) and then seem him fight to get him on his team.  Horan plays nice, but plays hard, and he's my favorite new judge the show has brought on in a long time.

No comments: