Saturday, August 5, 2023

Artists Who Inspire:


When FH began, I first listed all the contributors on the side of the site. At the time, I never imagined I would still be working on the FH fifteen years later and collaborated on pieces with hundreds of my favorite artists and photographers. Every year I update my list, adding those artists who contributed for the first time in the previous year. 


This year, I've had trouble updating the list.  I've uploaded this post a few times, and Google blogger has deleted it twice.  The reason, inappropriate link.  Unfortunately, I can't figure out which of the many links included was the one in question.


Below is an update featuring the many artists and photographers who have so generously supported FH over the last year and half.  Instead of trying to upload the entire list, I just included photographers who either made their FH debut, or in some cases, returned with a new or different credit.  Michael von Redlich for example, first appeared on the site back in 2011, but back then, was credited as MvR Photo.  You can check out the main list in my last update from 2022 HERE:


This year, the images featured spotlight photographer Robert John Guttke and his work with Ben.  Ben worked with Robert early in his career and as many of you may remember, Robert's images of Ben were all over the net in the early 2010's. 


Robert shared many stories of his time shooting Ben, and enjoyed their time working together. Robert did express some concern with some of the choices Ben made later in his career, but was happy with their early work together and how popular the images were. 


At one time, Robert asked me to put together and edit a book spotlighting their work, but he eventually changed his mind as he really didn't want to create an e-book, and wasn't convinced a hard copy would sell. The images would have been great, but the stories... spectacular.  It is fascinating  to see these early shots of Ben.  There's a sweet innocence looking back at the beginning of his modeling journey.


FH Contributors:





No comments: