Thursday, January 11, 2024

The Bakers: Series 9, 10 & 11

Series 9

Series 9
August 2018
GGB Winner: Rahul
Tyle's Top: Luke Tompson (Above)


I think series 9 was one of my least favorite years of the series.  I was starting to enjoy the new hosts, but I really disliked most of the baker's this season.  Let's start with the positive.  I did enjoy Ruby and Briony, and liked Karen and Dan.  The cutest contestant was Luke, but sadly he left in week 2.  I Kim-Joy, but found her self-negativity grating after awhile.  

I think this series had the contestant who bugged me the most out of the entire years of the show.  I REALLY disliked winner Rahul.  Ok, maybe he is as sweet as he came across, but man, he was annoying.  I know I'm in the minority, as he seems universally loved, but not by me. I was so hoping he'd get the boot, but in this case, my least favorite ended up being crowned the winner.

Series 10

Series 10
August 2019
GGB Winner: David
Tye's Top: David


Series 10 was a fun season, not to mention an incredibly gay one.  There were lots of cuties to enjoy, and they also seemed to be quite a bonded group, with lots of hugs and physical contact.  Out of the women, I really liked Alice, Rosie and Halloween loving Helena.  No one really bugged me this season, except maybe Steph from time to time.

Henry Bird

Included in the tent full of cuties was student Henry Bird.  Henry seemed to be liked by all of the contestants, and seemed to be the object of affection of several.  Henry did well, making it to week 8, eliminated just before the semi-final.


Jamie Finn

Although waiter Jamie Finn, (above) wasn't the greatest baker, nor did he stay on the show for long, he was certainly a cutie.  He was sort of the odd man out, a bit younger, and less experienced than most of the rest of the group.  He also has an equally cute twin brother.

David Atherton 

Winner David Atherton had me wondering how someone who does so much time baking, could be so thin and fit.  From the clips we saw of his outside life, fitness was certainly another of his  passions.  Thanks to one of David's friends, we got a peak under the apron at his tight b utt.



Series 11

Series 11
September 2020
GGB Winner: Peter
Tye's Top: Mark

David Friday

Matt Lucas made debut as hot in season 11, replacing Sandy alongside Noel.  I didn't necessarily dislike Matt, but I can't say I really enjoyed him either.  I love British humor, some of my favorite sit-coms and comedic films hail from Britain.  I just didn't find Matt very funny.  His arrival however, did have me start to appreciate Noel a little more.

This series was the first filmed during the pandemic.  The baker's, cast and crew were all quarantined together during the filming.  Although they' maintained they were still shooting once per week, I'm guessing with everyone together, the schedule was most liked sped up.

Peter Sawkins

I liked Peter when I watched, and posted about him during the season. (HERE:)  Peter is adorable, and has a great smile.  When re-visiting the season, although I still liked him, there was something about him that pushed him down just a little.  Not sure what, he just didn't seem as much of a supporter of his fellow baker's as the others did to each other.  I'm guessing he's a nice guy, and possibly struggle with focusing on more than the immediate task at hand.


Mark Lutton

It's hard not to love, or to smile, when Mark Lutton was on-screen.  His big smile was contagious, and his Irish accent incredibly hot.  I loved him when I first watched, and enjoyed him even more when watching for the second time.

No comments: