Thursday, January 11, 2024

The Bakers: Series 7 & 8

Series 7

Series 7
August 2016
GBB Winner: Candice
Tye' Top: Salasi


Series 7 was also a favorite, and although we didn't know it, also the end of the hosts and one of the judges.  This was sadly Mel and Sue's last season with the show, and the last for judge Mary Berry.  The show moved from BBC One to Channel 4, and Mary, Sue and Mel did not go with it. 


There was a great group of contestants, and I especially loved Candace, Benjamina and Jane.  Can't forget Val, who couldn't love Val!   Rav and Louise were a bit annoying, but watchable.  I also liked cuties Michael Georgiou and Tom Gilliford. (frist 2 images above)

Andrew Smyth

When I first watched, I really liked Andrew, (above) and posted about him after watching the series. (HERE:)  When I re-watched a few episodes in preparation for this post, I still liked him, but not as much as I did during the first viewing. 

Andrew & Selasi

Selasi

When I re-watched, my attention was more directed Selasi.  Selasi wasn't only hot, and a good baker, he was really supportive of his fellow bakers and I missed him when he left the tent.  I didn't have to miss him for long however, Selasi made it to the semi-finals and left in episode 9, just before the final.  


Series 8

Series 8
August 2017
GGB Winner: Sophie
Tye's top: Steven Carter-Bailey


This season marked the arrivals of new judge Prue Leith and new hosts Noel Fielding and Sandi Toksvig.  I took to Prue pretty quickly, but it took me awhile to get my head around the new hosts.  Sandi quickly grew on me, but it took a couple of years to start to warm towards Noel.  Sue and Mel seemed so natural in their delivery, even when they were doing 'bits'.  Noel's bits seems so forced, and often fell flat. 

Tom Hetherington

As for the baker's, out of the women, I really liked Kate.  For some reason I couldn't stand Flo, the granny who would have scared the shit out of me if I was a kid.  Out of the guys, Stephen was my favorite, hot, talented and easy to root for. 


Tom was also incredibly handsome as you can see from the shots I included.  Sadly, the studly architect was eliminated in episode 4, so we didn't get to see, or learn much about him.  There are nudes out there that are supposed to be Tom, in interviews that I've read, he denies that they're hi. 


No comments: