Friday, July 12, 2024

FaVorite FiVe: Broadway Bares


Going back to the early days of the site, I always got excited each year for Broadway Bares.  I counted down the days, donated to a few of my favorite performers, and waited for the images and videos to surface.  I've been to New York many times, and vowed the time I went, I'd plan it around the event.

Over the years however, it seemed excitement over the event began to wane.  So many sites used to post images and stories from the event, but seemed fewer and fewer covered it the way they used to.  One of my main sources of info and material was always DavidAsset, but he hasn't gone the last couple of years. Thankfully, DavidAsset is still a valuable resource for past shows and videos, and always takes the time to answer my questions.


Thankfully, for there is one writer, and one site that still gives extensive coverage of the event. Writer Matthew Rettenmund from Boy Culture wrote an incredible review last month, featuring a detailed a account of the event, as well as images and videos.  You should check it out HERE:  I've been a big fan of Matthew's BC blog for years, and especially love when he takes a deep dive into events.  I love reading his detailed accounts of events he's been to, especially when he attends a celebrity signing event.  I also love his 'lists', which if you haven't seen, you should also check out.

Broadway Bares: Favorites from the Past

If you search Broadway Bares on FH, (HERE:) You'll find dozens and dozens of posts featuring images and videos from past shows and stirps.  This year, given Matthew did such an incredible job reporting on the event, I decided to to take a look back at some of my favorite pieces, favorite performances, and favorite stage hotties stripping down at the event.

Norm Lewis

Although I tried to stick to a favorite five, I ended up with six, not bad given on my first try, my list had 11.  Thanks to all who contributed, especially DavidAsset, who shared many of the videos you'll find at the links below.

Nick Adams

If you want to donate to Broadway Cares, or order a copy of this year's Broadway Bares, or some from their archives, check out their official site HERE: or HERE:

Andy Mills

Favorite Five Moments:


Joshua Buscher (Crossing the Delaware)

Spencer Clark (Ouiji

No comments: