Friday, January 17, 2020

Quaternate: Lights On Studio


It was fitting, especially given how synonymous the work of Lights on Studio, and holidays have become on FH, that it was Christmas, that was our first connector. I had long been a fan of model Hansel Wellington, and featured his work with JGH Photography back in 2013. (Reflection Deception)


Hansel and I remained in touch, and were having discussions, about ideas for a follow-up.  Those discussions ended I saw a Christmas themed shot of Hansel on Model Mayhem.  Hansel was on board with the theme, and shared that the photographer was Tom Nakielski.  I immediately got in touch with Tom and Cocks & Candy Canes marked Lights on Studio's FH debut on Christmas Day of 2015.


A creative collaboration was born.  Since that Christmas, Tom's work has been a part of every FH Christmas since.  Christmas, and almost every other holiday of the year.  Tom's commitment to creating original holiday has included 'borrowing' bunnies, baby chicks, a 'ground hog', and if you read my piece from this last November, even a turkey! (Tom Turkey)  Although I've enjoyed also featuring a variety of Tom's non-holiday work, I get excited each time I see Tom's holiday shots in my in-box.  I had been planing to put together a 'Quarternate' piece on LOS for awhile now, but this week seemed the perfect week to give Tom a shout out. A nasty fall ended with Tom landing up in the hospital, and I wanted to wish him a speedy recovery!  Get Well Soon Tom!!!


2019


2018


2017


2015 /2016

No comments: