Thursday, December 12, 2019

Shattered Assumptions: Britten by Lights On Studio


'I had long hair for a few years but it made wearing latex difficult so now I keep it shaved to make getting into outfits easier.'


I don't know about you, but when I meet someone, especially someone over 25, I tend to assume the way they look is how they've always looked.  Now of course, if I really thought about it, I would know that the persons skin, their hair and weight may have been drastically different in the past, but we tend to assess a person by how the look when we take our first visual.


It's yet another of the many reasons never to judge a book by it's cover.  It's not that Britten's cover isn't incredibly hot, he has a great body, beautiful hazel eyes, and an erotic ease with the way he moves in front of the camera.  All that being said however, when Lights On Studio's Tom Nakielski sent on his work with Britten, I saw a stunningly beautiful bald man.


I assessed that Britten had been hairless for awhile given how well he wears it.  Britten's clean shaven head just seemed to blend so perfectly with the rest of his clean shaven body.  His look was slick, and there was a visual harmony in Britten's appearance from head to toe.  I thought maybe he was ex-military, possibly a soccer player, and thought he even might be a teacher.  All of this, I mostly wrongly assumed from his beautifully shaven head.


After Tom sent on Britten's images, he sent on his Model Mayhem page link, and suggested I check out his port. Well, if you check out the image below, (from AlexaArt Photography) you'll understand why I was kicking myself or the many assumptions I'd made upon first glance...  Britten's portfolio was full of images of him with long flowing locks, as well as many other shots with his hair at various lengths.


I of course shouldn't have made any assumptions, but at the same time, both Britten's look and aura changes so dramatically from image to image, look to look.  Being able to transform is a definite asset for a model.  I wouldn't have guessed that the 'free spirited rocker' I see in the image above, also looks in other shots, like he's channeling a serious but sexy Walls Street investor or corporate lawyer.


It was Britten's various looks that also drew Tom to his portfolio.  Tom was set to visit an a long time-time friend in Cleveland, but before heading out, checked to see if there might be some models in the area who might be available for a shoot.   Tom's friend has a beautiful home, with great spaces for photo opportunities and he agreed to let Tom utilize his house for a couple of photo sessions while he was in town.


'I was surprised when he arrived bald. I knew he cut his long hair but didn't expect a shaved head. I Loved the look!  Britten is a great looking bald man, not to mention his beautiful physique.'


Tom shares that Britten was very comfortable in front of the camera, something that always helps to make a session go smoothly, and be more enjoyable.  Tom says that Britten did exactly what he loves skilled models to do, take his suggestions, but also add their own touches and personality into the poses and creative process. Britten also expressed having a very positive experience working with Tom during their shoot.  He was especially impressed with Tom's professionalism, no to mention his sharp eye for composition.


'Britten  had no issues laying on a cold cement walkway covered in moss. Having such a cooperative model always is inspires me to be more creative. He suggested that on a future shoot he wears latex. Looking forward to seeing how creative we can get with that!'


So that latex... It doesn't necessarily go with my initial assumptions, but look forward to what Britten and Tom create!   Latex, leopard skin thongs... who is the real Britten?  Originally from Virginia, Britten grew up, not playing soccer, but training in martial arts. Although not a teacher as I thought possible, Britten did earn a degree in English literature and journalism after spending a few years abroad after graduation.  In his free time, in addition to spending time at the gym, Britten likes to relax by playing the guitar.


Now there is one stereotype that hot guys with long hair have to deal with, mostly from all those hot long haired Chippendale models from the nineties.  Britten does indeed have some experience waving all that hair around on the dance floor when he was stripping, but says he doesn't get many opportunities to strut his stuff on stage these days.



No comments: