Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Disqualified



                        Canadian Institute of Diversity and Inclusion


Ever since FH has been around, I have covered the Olympics and my favorite athletes from the games. Sports have always been an important part of my life, since I could walk it was hockey in the winter, basketball the fall and baseball in the summer. Like many, my interest in the games is low to non-existent this year. I would like to say I am making an loud official protest, but disqualifying myself from watching just sort of happened naturally. Throughout my life, I have always tended to distance myself from cruelty, I state what is bothering me and simply walk away. Some people scream from the rafters, others voice opposition and use their actions as much as their words.

Above: Charles Reid, Mark McMorris, Maxence Parrot and Sebastien Toutant.

My only regret is not being able to shed some light and attention on the athletes from the games. At the top of my list was going to be the Canadian men's snowboarding team. Athletic and adorable all, especially 21 year old Sebastien Toutant (below) from Montreal. Still lots of winter left in 2014! ;)


4 comments:

Bobby F. said...

Moguls genius Alex Bilodeau and his brother have melted by black heart two Olympics in a row! Very proud of Alex.

And I applaud Canada for flying the rainbow flag to show support for all of Canada's GLBT Olympians.

JiEL said...

Nice to say what you feel about those so contreversial Russian Olympic Games.

I did myself some postings on my Facebook to protest for the outrageous Russian law against gay people of Russia...

I did put that add that you've put here and I also put the BBC (48min) investigation on the gay bashing occuring now in Russia..
You'll find it easily on Youtube..
Must see it to really feel what is going on in Russia today...
It's so sad and hawfull...
Russia is as bad toward gays as Hitler was during the WW 2...

I love to see those young athletes doing so many sacrifices to be there that I'm watching the games to support them blinding the politic part...

Must say that many, as Toutant are very cute..
Yesterday, Mikael Kingsbury did a second place behind Alexandre Bilodeau and I must say that Mikael K. is VERY cute....

Even if he is 19yo, he is so charming and quite intelligent and calm too...

So, for now, he is my first choice as the «cutest» of the Canadian ski team....

(((( HUGS ))))

JiEL said...

Dear Bobby F.

We flew the rainbow flag over many city town halls and government buildings to protest against Russian anti-gay law and to give a message of Liberty and Equality of all to Poutine and his «Hitlerian» politics...

In Canada, gays are protected by the «Canadian Liberty and Rights Chart» and we're proud to be such a land of Liberty.

Gay marriage right is a law for many years now and Montreal and Toronto are very gay friendly cities too...

Hope you'll visit us soon.

Friendly yours.
JiEL, Montréal, Canada

Anonymous said...

It's too bad you're not watching it. The Olympics have been great this year. Men's snowboard slopestyle was amazing! Group figure skating was fun to watch and Javier Fernandez was a joy to watch skate. I'm looking forward to seeing the women skate. Also looking forward to men's skeleton and ski jump.

-Chris