Wednesday, January 13, 2016

12 Days: Brandon Routh in The 9 Lives of Christmas


I know, I know, I said I wasn't going to do any 12 Days this year, but given I already broke that with my Christmas Day posting featuring Jimmy Stewart, What's one more. I was away off and on over Christmas, but when I got back after New Year's, decided it was time to clean off my DVR. I just finished I movie I actually DVR'd last Christmas, but never got around to watching, The 9 Lives of Christmas, featuring the ultra adorable and talented actor Brandon Routh.


I have been a fan of Routh's since his turn as Superman and am glad to see him back on television in a new series in January. Routh to me was the best post Reeve Superman, embodying many of the qualities Christopher Reeve brought to the role. I think the director and script had more to do with poor reception to Superman Returns than Routh who was forced to wear the film's failure, something he certainly did not deserve to wear on his broad beautiful shoulders.

9 Lives of Christmas

Routh didn't work much the year after the 2006 film, but in the last couple of years he has been busy with television guest spots and films, many of which wisely get a shirtless scene or two. I was really starting to enjoy Partners before the network prematurely pulled the plug. Brandon's next role in is Greg Berlanti's action series Legends of Tomorrow. The series, which also stars Victor Garber, Dominic Purcell and Wentworth Miller premieres early next year.


Arrow

Love this promo pic with Michael Urie from Partners

No comments: