Sunday, September 27, 2015

Good Vibrations

Some questioned the choice of Mark Wahlberg as the host for last nights Philadelphia Pope fest, but I think Marky Mark, and all that surrounded his past was a good choice given the Pope's message of inclusion and redemption. Now... if Mark had just worn just jeans or his Calvin's the message could have truly come full circle.


Anonymous said...

Mark is now a very devout, going to daily Mass, Catholic! He has really turned his
life around and takes his Faith very VERY seriously.

TyeBriggs said...

I'm sure your right, I wish him well and I hold no judgement. I don't mock his being there, only note the irony and contrast to his previous music, films and public persona.

I still struggle with some actors who seem to connect morals to sex only and not violence. Some very religious actors have voiced regrets about previous sex/nudity scenes but continue to blow up and shoot crowds of people on film. Something I shall never understand.