Monday, June 30, 2014

R.I.P Meshach Taylor


Actor Meshach Taylor turned a one episode guest stint into a career making role. I remember enough of watching Designing Women as a kid to have me hunt it down when it finally came out on DVD. I have not gotten all the way through yet, (and plan to stop at Smart and Burke's departures) but even with the dud episodes, there are enough really funny ones to keep me going. Anthony Bouvier came very close at times to being a sit-com stereotype. Taylor however straddled that line with skill and comedic timing that turned what could have been a throw away character into an important part of the show. Taylor's biggest gift was his ability to create great chemistry, forming important and distinct relationships with each of his female co-stars. His relationship with Delta Burke's Suzanne was one of the show's most popular pairings, but he zig and zagged well with all of the ladies. R.I.P Anthony.

1 comment:

Bobby F. said...

He and Delta Burke were so good together. The Ray Don episodes were the funniest.