Monday, June 28, 2010

Pic Series Of The Day: Modern Apollo by Jared Mendonsa



I recently discovered the work of Massachusetts based photographer Jared Mendonsa and have been planning to do a profile. Until then however I wanted to share this series by Jared which has become one of my favorites. Jared entitles this series Modern Apollo and it was shot in 2007 while Jared was still attending UMass Lowell where he graduated with a degree in Fine Art. Jared's focus is fashion or figure studies. I love what Jared did with this series, beautiful yes, but there is also a hint of something else I can't quite figure out, danger possibly... Might be the recent warnings about tanning beds or it might be the last shot with the models arms on the cover of the chamber. As soon as I saw these shots I went 'wow' and that generally means I have to share. Amazing work!



2 comments:

Bobby F said...

Great pics. Tanning naked is always fun--especially when it is done outside!

Anonymous said...

More More!