Tuesday, September 22, 2009

'Accidentally on Purpose' Jon Foster



I have always been a fan of actor Jon Foster. Jon has been a part of so many of my favorite movies and tv shows. From 'Life As A House', 'Life As We Know It', 'Murder in Greenwich', 'The Door In The Floor' to name just a few. I really respect his choices when it comes to roles and projects.

Jon is also not afraid to take risks, rarely playing the hero, but character parts that don't always lead to him getting the attention many of his co-stars get. Jon is still feeling his way in Hollywood, and although he has been in some big productions he has also had some disappointments.



I was curious as to why Jon would now enter the world of the tv sitcom. Last nights premier of 'Accidentally on Purpose' on CBS with Jenna Elfman brought Jon back to tv. The last time we saw Jon in a tv show was the short lived, but interesting 'Windfall'. I tuned in last night only to see Jon and was pleased with how much I enjoyed the pilot. Now firstly I must say I had to get beyond my feelings towards Jenna Elfman. Many see her as a sitcom queen, but she is an actress I can only take in small doses. She is good, but seems to work overtime to be loved (she is the sitcom version of Kathie Lee Gifford to me).


Below: Jon with Jenna Elfman in'Accidentally on Purpose'


Jenna did not bother me nearly as much as she has in the past and Jon was likable as the young stud who beds her in the first few moments of the show. Nice to see Ashley Jensen (although I think she should have stuck to Ugly Betty. Add in Grant Show, looking as hot as ever, and some hilarious lines by the actors playing Jon's friends, and you had an enjoyable half hour. Now I am not sure this show, as appealing as it was, can last an entire season. It's premise is one that can only sustain it for a short while. The two leads must at some point either become partners or remain just friends. Add to that with a child on the way, family sitcom territory is looming(oh how I hate family sitcoms). But...if you are a Jon Foster fan, as I am, I encourage you to give it a shot.


Jon in 'Door In The Floor' (2004).




Jon in 'The Informers' (2009).





Jon with Peter Sarsgaard in 'The Mysteries of Pittsburgh' (2008).

I was really looking forward to this flick given the subject matter. Most reviewers trashed it and the performances. Now I am looking forward to buying the book, written by Michael Chabon whom most say is far superior to the flick.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THE INFORMERS was painful to watch but Jon's all-over tan and sneak peak cock shot made the film a bit more tolerable.