Monday, January 8, 2018

I, Timothée


Although I didn't have time to put together my annual Golden Globe nominee post, I did get to watch most of last nights telecast. I loved Call Me By Your Name, but wasn't really thinking it's cast were going to home with the award. Both Armie Hammer, and especially Timothée Chalamet put in beautiful performances, but maybe too subtle for the Foreign Press. I did think the film might win, but it was a really great year for film, and a very competitive year for actors in great roles.


Chalamet always looks great and was dashing in his tux, but he was no more adorable than when noticing the former figure skater seated near him at the awards. At only 22, the young actor wasn't even born in 1994 during Harding scandal, but thanks to the brilliant I, Tonya, her name is again back in the headlines.



If you haven't seen 'Call Me By Your Name' yet, try to check it out if you get the chance. It's a gorgeously shot film with a story so many of us can relate to. There is often an obsessive element to first love, one that although you get over, you never truly completely shake or forget. The film so beautifully captures this time in a quiet, yet powerful way. Chalamet and Hammer hit the notes of their roles perfectly on pitch setting a compelling tone they maintained throughout.


No comments: