Friday, November 23, 2018

scben: Peak Season


'I like shooting my own photos, because I have control of both the photo and the pose, and I can see along the way what works and how I can make adjustments to get the shot I want. It's still a lot of trial and error, and sometimes it is nice just to relax and let someone else use the camera.'


When I began FH, I mostly focused on images created by two, an artist and a model.  Although taking selfies wasn't new (some of used to use Polaroids) selfies didn't really become popular until about 2012.  Since then, many have moved out of their bathrooms and into the woods with their camera's, talking more than just their close-ups, but works of art.


With an artists eye and hands, selfies have become self portraits and I've enjoyed covering many artists who've become both model and photographer.  For many, it's a great way to continue creating when a model or photographer is easily available, and there is something so beautifully poetic about artists and solitude, and for many, the most intense creativity, occurs only when totally alone.  .I have enjoyed exploring the work of many self portrait takers over the last several years.


I first featured the work of scben back in 2015, (Sharing The View) and it was this set of images that first inspired my desire to do a day focused solely on the theme of Autumn and the color palette that washes over the season.  scben shares they don't usually get the a lot of the bright colors of fall in South Carolina.  There are less reds and oranges, and more yellow's and browns, the colors that dominated when the season has peaked and the end of Autumn is near.

No comments: