Wednesday, December 9, 2020

So much Funukkah

'Put on your yarmulke 
Here comes Hanukkah'


Adam Sandler was one of my first Saturday Night Live crushes, and part of show when I first really starting watching when I was in High School.  I didn't really become a huge fan of his movies, but when he was on SNL, I loved his smile.  I also loved his 'The Chanukah Song' and remember watching it live back in 1994 on the December night he first sang it on the show.


Although today's posts are celebrating Hanukkah, it wasn't Sandler's The Chanukah Song that inspired me including him in today's posts.  For that, we can thank Kirstie Alley...  Although there was a time I enjoyed watching Alley on repeats of Cheers, her opinions on political and social issues have certainly turned me off.  


Alley made the 'Twitter' news, and trended frequently during the election, frequently due to the stupid things she said about Covid. Alley is one of those who thinks we're overreacting, and that the mainstream media is just trying to scare us into complying.  


On the plus side, in one of the Twitter threads that I was reading, someone posted the link to Il Cantore, a sketch from her 1991 appearance as host.  In the sketch below, you can see why a closeted and awkward teenager might have a wee crush on Sandler, especially when he's in his teeny tiny black briefs.

Il Cantore

No comments: