Monday, December 25, 2023

Christmas Movie?

' It's Christmas Eve In L.A. And The Party Action's About To Explode... On The Fortieth Floor!


Every Christmas, the same question comes up, at least on social media.  Is Die Hard a Christmas movie?  The answer, really is a personal one, if you watch it over the Christmas holidays, for you, it's a Christmas movie.  People watch all kinds of things when they have time off.  Some people avoid Christmas movies and marathon The Lord of The Rings or Star Wars over Christmas.  Some watch old Twilight Zone episodes.  Whatever brings them joy.


For me, as much as I love the 1988 action thriller, it's not really a Christmas film, not in the traditional sense anyway.  There has to be a certain sentimentality and holiday spirit in a Christmas film.  It's not the subject matter, I consider Black Christmas a Christmas movie, but it's the retro Christmas vibes that has me putting it on Christmas side of the list.  Die Hard is set on Christmas Eve and even has a few holiday songs, but the overall tone and feel does not scream Christmas to me.  


I did however, re-watch last week as part of researching my Christmas Day 12 Days post.  I figured with all those hot actors taking over Nakatomi Plaza, there might be one to feature.  I didn't want to feature Bruce Willis this year, I've uncovered his nude scenes before.  Alan Rickman?  Alexander Godunov?  Reginald VelJohnson?  Nah... 


I think I knew going in that my choice was going to be actor Hart Bochner who played Harry Ellis in the film.  I've wanted to feature Hart for awhile, and his role as Holly Gennaro's sleezy, coke snorting co-workers is one of Bochner's most high profile roles.


Although Bochner often played the hot leading man, he was perfect in this role, supporting yes, but also a stand out, especially in the first half of the film.  With all those muscled mad men running around, we needed a little comic relief in between all the Christmas killings.  Spoiler alert, things don't end well for Harry, who can't keep his coked up mouth shut even well being held hostage. 


Hart doesn't have a long 'nudity' resume, in fact, I'm not sure he really has any at all.  He does however, have a lot of hot, shirtless scenes over the course of his career.  Check out some of my favorites, including a 'nude' scene, that I suspect is a body double, on the NEXT PAGE HERE: & HERE:

'Hey babe, I negotiate million dollar deals for breakfast. I think I can handle this Eurotrash. Hey, sprechen ze talk, huh?'

No comments: