Saturday, April 14, 2018

ACTORS & Skin: Colm Feore


When I first saw Chicago back in 2002, I became more than a little obsessed. I listened to the soundtrack endlessly, my favorite song, I Move On, which played during the closing credits. I watched it again, and again, when it came out on DVD, but then, never saw it again until it was on one of my movie channels last weekend. I DVR'd it and watched it again last weekend. I loved it just as much as the first time I saw it. I was reminded just how hot Dominic West is and how tragic it was that Renée Zellweger stopped making movies and how much I am looking forward to seeing her again in Judy.


I was also reminded of how much I love the movies closing credits. The way the editor matched music with film clips as the cast credits role is masterful. Watching this time, I was drawn to a face I have seen many times on screen before, but with this viewing, the incredible face of actor Colm Feore had me wondering why I haven't focused on the talented actor before. If you don't know Colm Feore, you're wrong, and if you do know of some of his projects, you have only touched the surface of his amazing resume.


Feore's IMDB page is one the longest I have seen with dozens of movies from small independent films through huge blockbusters. On television, he's been in everything from historic dramas like The Borgias, action shows like 24 and political dramas like The West Wing and House of Cards. The busy actor has seven movies headed to the big screen, all due to be released in the upcoming year.


As impressive as his movie and TV resume is, Feore's theatre resume is equally impressive. With his strong and memorable face, Feore was born to emote to the back of the theatre.  Although born in Boston, Feore grew up in Canada when as a child, he moved with his family moved to Windsor, Ontario. The aspiring actor attended the National Theatre School of Canada in Montreal.

Romeo & Juliet (1984)

Although Feore appeared on Broadway in 2005 with Denzel Washington in Julius Caesar most of theatre roles have been in Canada. Starting in the early 80's, Feore has appeared in over 20 productions with the Stratford Theatre Festival, North America’s largest classical repertory theatre.

Hamlet (1991)

Cyrano de Bergerac (1994)

King Lear (2014)

Broadway, with Denzel Washington and Jessica Hecht in Julius Caesar (2005)

Below: One of my favorite shots of Feore by LydiaPhotoMontreal, a publicity shot for Thirty Two Short Films About Glenn Gould (1993)
.
Thirty Two Short Films About Glenn Gould (1993)

Iron Eagle II (1988)

The Chronicles of Riddick (2004)

House of Cards (2016)

No comments: