Saturday, April 14, 2018

Cheshire Based: Josh by Male Beauty by bengie


'Hi Guys.....I'm a Cheshire based Photographer...'


Keen eyed FH readers might recognize the simmering hot Josh from a piece I did last year. In Towel Dried, I focused on the shower set images from photographer Male Beauty by bengie. The two images of Josh that I included featured that pesky pink towel covering the goods as Josh dried off. Given Josh's junk is on display in so many other of bengie's great shots, I had to ask bengie about a possible second helping of Josh.


Josh has an incredible look, strong and confident with a handsome face and beautiful blue eyes. An ex infantry man and football player, Josh says is very comfortable with my body and states that he's proud to show it off. Thank goodness for us. Josh looks striking in every shot and bengie took full advantage of Josh's pride in his body by capturing him in various poses and locations.


If you believe as I do that great images soak up some of the atmosphere in which their shot, bengie's images of Josh display both his impressive physique, as well as his surroundings. Although Josh hails from Australia not England, he still looks right at home on bengie's Cheshire farm, whether hanging out in the barn, or having a spot of tea out on the patio.


One of the reason I love bengie's work so much is his visual blend of incredible male forms he shoots with with feel and sights of his farm and property. Many photographers choose to weave in their environment, and I love when images of the male form also take me somewhere that I both fantasize about erotically, and geographically. Like everyone, I often dream of beautiful bodies, but I also dream of travel and fascinating places I dream of visiting.


I have visually visited beautiful beaches through images of the male form on both Coasts of the US, in Spain and Australia. I've travelled through forests and up mountains, to hidden creaks and abandoned buildings, prisons and factories throughout Europe and many states and provinces in America. One of my favorite places to virtually visit is England, a place I have yet to experience. Until I finally get there, I love when the artists that I feature can give me a taste of what's to come.


One of the first things that struct me when I discovered bengie's work was the first lie of his biography describing himself as Cheshire based. Cheshire just sounds exactly what I envision a county in Northern England might be like. A quick google search shows historic buildings and rural villages and structures made of the famous local red sandstone. Where as we have mayors and police chiefs, even the titles to the county's leaders have names like High sheriff and Lord Lieutenant, names which only add to mystique, especially someone who has never been there.


Now I'm not sure Cheshire, or bengie's farm would love up to my vision, but the house and barn that bengie uses as his studio, and the cows and flowers and fields which often act as a backdrop, all add to to texture of his images. I'll get to England one day soon, and although I expect there will be historic building and rural villages to see, I can only dream there might also be a hunky Australian awaiting my arrival...




No comments: